Nathaniel Bassey is a gospel music artist, a songwriter, and a music producer, who is also an instrumentalist. He is also a youth pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). He is the convener of the popular Halleluyah Challenge that is followed by a multitude of Christians, home and abroad.
Nathaniel Bassey was born on the 27th of August 1978, to Mr and Mrs Bassey in Lagos State, though he hail from Ikot Ofon Ikono, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria. His father, Mr Joshua Bassey was a Pastor of the Apostolic Church, Bashua Assembly, who he led a devout christian home. Bassey is married to Sarah Bassey, and they are blessed with two lovely children.
Nathaniel Bassey had his primary and secondary education in Lagos, Nigeria. Also, he had part of his undergraduate studies at the University of Lagos (Unilag), where he studied Urban and Regional Planning for 2years.
While at Unilag, Nathaniel Bassey gained admission to study Politics and International Relations at the University of London, so he relocated to London to further his studies. Afterwards, he went on to Middlesex University Summer School where he took some music courses, which included popular music and music business.
Nathaniel Bassey started his music ministry in 1993. He grew up listening to lots of instrumentals, highlife, Jazz, to Rex Lawson, Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davies, etc.
While growing up, Nathaniel wanted to be a super Jazz musician doing Afrocentric, Jazz, highlife etc. As a result, he went about playing Jazz with his trumpet at parties and clubs, until his life narrative changed.
It had always been about the music for him until he got born again and had an encounter with God. It stopped being about the music, and it became all about knowing God, with the music as an instrument and a platform to show forth God’s love.
- Someone’s at The Door – 2010
- Son of God and Imela – 2014
- This God Is Too Good – 2016
- Revival Flames – 2017
- Jesus: The Resurrection and the Life – 2018
2010 – 2014
- Emi mimo in the album Someone’s at The Door
- Book of life in the album Someone’s at The Door
- Elohim in the album Someone’s at The Door
- Imela featuring Enitan Adaba in the album Son of God and Imela
- No other God featuring Lovesong in the album Son of God and Imela
- I know you are here in the album Son of God and Imela
- Take your Glory in the album Son of God and Imela
- Casting Crowns in the album Son of God and Imela
- You deserve the glory/No one in the album Son of God and Imela
- We bless your Name in the album Son of God and Imela
- I believe in You in the album Son of God and Imela